Thanks to Sandra Rusby for sending in these recipes – give them a go and let us know how you get on!
1.5 kg courgettes, chopped 1 tbsp torn basil
1 garlic clove peeled 2 tbsp crème fraiche
1litre stock 50g Parmesan, grated
1 tbsp finely chopped mint salt and pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
- Soften the courgettes in the olive oil for about 15 – 20 mins, adding the garlic halfway through.
- Add stock and season. Simmer about 6 minutes.
- Liquidise – if freezing do so at this stage.
- Before serving, reheat and add herbs, crème fraiche and Parmesan
COURGETTES WITH CRUNCHY CHEESE TOPPING
2 large courgettes, halved lengthways 150g cherry tomatoes
75g marscapone 1 clove garlic crushed
75g double Gloucester cheese grated 50g bread, crumbed
- Preheat oven to 200C Gas 6
- Cook courgettes in boiling water 5 mins, drain
- Mix tomatoes, mascarpone and garlic together and place in ovenproof dish.
- Place courgettes on top and season to taste.
- Mix cheese and breadcrumbs together and sprinkle over courgettes.
- Bake 15 mins.
COURGETTE TEA BREAD
1 large egg 1tsp ground cinnamon
125ml sunflower oil 175g soft dark brown sugar
175g courgettes, grated (medium blade) 75g sultanas
150g wholewheat flour 75g walnuts, chopped
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to 180C/gas 4. Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin.
- Beat egg and sunflower oil together.
- Sift flour, baking powder, bicarb and spices together and add sugar, sultanas and walnuts.
- Add oil and egg mixture and mix to a thick batter.
- Pour into prepared tin.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until skewer inserted into centre comes out cleanly.
- Cool in tin 10 mins then turn out onto cooling rack.