Last year we grew several tons of vegetables – the veg was so tasty it attracted lots of different pests! Unfortunately last year’s scarecrows are worn out and so we are looking for a new batch to help us deal with this year’s pests
Can you help us by making a scarecrow to scare the birds?
We are launching our scarecrow competition to coincide with World Book Day and are looking for scarecrows that are
- • made from bio degradable, re cycled materials, cloths etc.
• based on a favourite book character – or any character you’d like to make
• noisy, shiny, scary!! to keep the birds away
• able to withstand the wind and weather
How it works
• Anyone can take part – children and adults all welcome
• Decide on your character and complete the form entrance fee 50p which we’ll collect on the judging day
• Return the form or email us by Friday 27th Feb
• Come to the field and plant your scarecrow on Saturday 7th March
• The judging panel will tour the field and announce the winners
• Pictures will be taken and there will be much celebration!