2 tbsp sunflower oil
1-2 tsp ground turmeric
1 bay leaf
1 small onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
100g passata (or we used tomato puree and water)
couple of handfuls of frozen peas
1-2 tsp garam masala
salt and pepper, to taste
water, if needed to thin
- Chop the potatoes into bite-sized pieces and place in a large pan of salted water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 8 mins.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil and add the potatoes, turmeric, bay leaf, and onion. Fry until the onion begins to colour.
- Add the garlic, chilli powder, cumin and coriander and stir, frying for a few more minutes.
- Add the passata (or tomato puree and water) and stir in well so that it’s mixed into a sauce-like consistency. Cook for 5 minutes or so over a low heat.
- Add the peas and garam masala and cook for a few more minutes.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning and spice levels to your liking. Add more water if you want a slightly thinner curry.
- Serve alongside other curry dishes of your choice.
Borrowed from Community Harvest Whetstone