There are a number of other small, independent growing projects close to Go Local Food with whom we have contact.
- Gibside Community Farm – a neighbouring Community Interest Company
- Tom and Joe’s – Plants that grow – a small local nursery who are very supportive
- The Broomley Bee Project – we are always happy to support this group at their events
- Wylam Community Orchard – another local community supported growing group
- Halls of Heddon – who let us our growing area under licence
- Ouseburn Charity Farm – a working farm with training and educational courses in Newcastle upon Tyne
- Ovingham Community Orchard – a new project that is now thriving despite being only a year or so old
Other local growers include:
- Gilchesters Organics – the grower specialises in stoneground heritage grains
- Carroll’s Heritage Potatoes – a grower of heritage potatoes in rural Northumberland.